Oliver + S

shorts or pants for Easter?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I was getting ready to cut out the sketchbook pants for Easter for my 3 boys but I thinking it has been so warm should I cut out the shorts insted? I don’t know how these would look for Easter though,if they would be dressy enough for the holiday. I would make the short sleeve top to go with the shorts or the long sleeve shirt to go with the pants. What do you ladies think?

Oh the sizes will be (2) 5 and one 10, don’t know if this would make a difference though.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love little boys(and big boys)in formal shorts.

A quick way to smarten shorts up is to simply press a centre crease.

If you are making a pair from scratch consider using a plain fabric posibly linen. If you stitch the front crease in place(ie like a pin-tuck)that will look more formal.

I like to make Hugo’s shorts flat fronted and I also sewed a little tuck in the waistband before attaching it to match the front fly to give the impression that they were ”proper” shorts.

A cuff looks snappy as well,just sew a deeper hem(you may want to add a little length)an, fold it up and hand tack the sides.

I think you may choose long sleeve to wear with shorts. My son never wears short sleeve shirts,if it is hot,he rolls them up.

A little tie can look very sweet too,there are some excellent free patterns. I think I found one on Purl Soho?

How gorgeous Sharon,I cannot wait to see them.

We go camping at Easter,so it is ruggers,jeans and boots for us!

LINK

Thank you Nicole! I do like the idea of stitching the crease into place. I can see them done now. 🙂

I have the fabric bought and ready to go, it is a light weight cord in brown. I love the feel of the cord and though it would make fab stuff for the boys. We will be going up north to see my family for Easter. We haven’t been up there in a year and half so I want the kids to look great.

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

It’s always warm here for Easter, so I dress my boys in shorts and short sleeves- I made both of their Easter shorts (from the Sketchbook pattern) out of brown linen last year, and they’ve held up so well. I did make a deep cuff for my oldest son’s shorts, just to give it a little more sophistication, and to placate him since he didn’t want to “be a twin with a baby.”

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Shorts are the perfect idea for Easter. It is after all a special occasion but just a smidge less formal than Christmas (because of the egg hunt maybe?). My son is practically living in the sketchbook shorts at the moment – farm, school, good clothes, they are so practical for just about any occasion but I do like them best as good shorts, in linen (I have to stitch up a hole on the crotch already!) they are simply divine teamed with a classic white shirt and top it off with a little tie (my son took a long time just getting used to a button up shirt I wouldn’t dare “torture” him with a tie) they will all look very dapper indeed!

Can you imagine your four little laddies next year dressed alike? So sweet!

LINK

I was thinking about make them all a summer outfit that matches. I seen this fab fabric last year but only can find the fabric I want for shorts at one store online now. I am trying to talk hubby into letting me order it but it’s a lot of yards for 4 pairs at one time and then I will need the shirt fabric as well. It the coastal fabric from Micheal Miller. 🙂 It makes me smile. It does look so wonderful in head with the four matching though!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I think linen shorts would be lovely. Easter here can go hot or cold, so it’s always a guessing game. I hope it will be warm, since I’m making a bubble, but will have to have a sweater ready!

LINK
    my4orrs @my4orrs

I have 3 boys, too (4, 7, 9). Linen is nice, but we are switching it up and wearing plaid shorts this year for Easter. The 3 pairs are a similar plaid, but paired with different solid-colored polos for a coordinated look, not matching.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

ooo, I love plaid for Easter! Can’t wait to see everyone’s pictures! I think about making the boys’ stuff too, but gosh, it’s already just two weeks to go and frankly, I really want to sew for her and me. Just selfish, I guess. 🙂

LINK

Oh I am the same way, it is so hard to get into sewing for the boys but the youngest was playing major guilt trip me two weeks ago. He was starting at my surger telling me that “it used to sew for me too” with the sadest face you would have ever seen,lol. I will say now that I have started the outfits for them I am super excited to see them done!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.