Oliver + S

sewing machine

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

That is some birthday gift! How nice. When I tried one, I remember being very impressed with how it sews, but that I couldn’t figure out how to do anything without being shown. Maybe next time, I will shop around more carefully and invest in one. I got a brother for Christmas last year and it has a lot of features I like, is pretty reliable, but does have some minor issues I don’t love. I’ve heard of people buying a used bernina too.

LINK
    rastis @rastis

oh i agree the bernina bobbin system is a PITA, especially when you have come from other machines with different bobbin set ups… it is still one of my pet peeves about the machine… the feet are pretty cool though- far superior to the janome ones i had… and seriously anyone who has a bernina and sews clothes should get themselves a #10 foot… i use it almost as much as my zigzag foot…

i’ve heard the old berninas last pretty much forever… although i don’t think the new feet work on them…

LINK
    sarahkossanderson @sarahkossanderson

My Bernina cost nearly $5,000 with the BSR and Embroidery Module. It was a gift from my parents or else I could have never afforded one. I am so grateful to them. I feel my new machine has greatly improved my sewing as well.

LINK
    AmyF @AmyF

A good machine can make such a difference!

I used to have a beat up old hand-me-down singer. That thing was a beast! A couple years ago I upgraded to a Pfaff 2058 and it is an absolute dream! I just love it to pieces. In fact, my mom offered to upgrade me to a Pfaff embroidery machine so she could hand my 2058 down to my little sister. No way! I’m keeping this baby, I can’t imagine sewing without it! I don’t know how Pfaffs compare to Berninas but they are are also wonderful machines with some neat features that make sewing dreamy!

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

I thought y’all would get a laugh out of this since we’re talking Berninas:

http://handmaderyangosling.tumblr.com/post/14616620495/submitted-by-marianne

For some background, this Ryan Gosling “hey girl” meme has been going around the internet for a while, but this site is dedicated to sewing, crafting, etc. So if you’re a fan of his (as I am) check it out.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bumped!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bumped

LINK
    The Duchess @Duchess

I also love my Bernina, BUT feel that Brother gives you more machine o a whole lot less money and Bernina’s are no longer made in Switzerland, but in Vietnam.Brother has the true self threader and the cost is far less money.

LINK
    Alice Miller @Alice

Currently I’m working with my loyal Singer 4423, but my heart belongs to Bernina. I still regret that I missed an opportunity to buy a used Record 883 model.

LINK
    Carole N. @CaroleN199

I started with a Singer 1978 and used it for years. I then saved doing alterations and repairs at a local dry cleaners and got a Pfaff machine. Used that till last yeaar and bought myself a Janome and I just love it! It hums when I sew and the Professional was not too expensive… I was afraid I would be sorry but it has a leg bar and I use it often… just sharing with you all. I now have a coverstitch machine because I find I am sewing mostly knitted fabrics and it does a super hem…. Years ago I only sewed woven but now so many really nice knits! There is always something new to experience and learn with sewing! Carole in PA

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2018. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.