Oliver + S

Sew Dresses for Little Girls in Africa

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I just got an email from Nancy’s Notions about the Little Dresses for Africa program. I thought others on this forum might be interested in this. I hope you don’t mind me posting a link to their website, Liesl.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/code/3ldak.do?extid=100422#

LINK
    Anonymous @

Just wanted to clarify – you don’t need to buy anything to participate in this. You can use whatever fabric you have or even a pillowcase.

I should have included this link:

http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

What a great idea! Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if they would take some of the extra Oliver + S samples we have in the studio?

LINK
    shasta @shasta

Thank you so much for sharing this link! My son is from Ethiopia and I’ve been looking for ways to help children in Africa. This is a great project! Liesl, is it okay to use Oliver + S Patterns for this? I know we need a license to sell the patterns but is it okay to give them away (since that isn’t really personal use)?

LINK
    Anonymous @

I think we should stick to very simple dresses similar to the ones they show. That way one little girl doesn’t have a very different dress than the others. I remember when I used to sponsor a little girl somewhere else, they requested that gifts be very modest so that none of the children would feel left out. I think the popover sundress would be perfect!

LINK
    Anonymous @

It might be fun to see how many all of us on the O+S forum could send in.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I, too, think that the Popover sundress pattern would be a perfect garment for this project.

It’s perfectly fine (we encourage it!) to sew garments from this pattern to donate. The boutique sewer program is only intended for people looking to sell the items they sew. We are more than happy to have people sew garments from any of our patterns if they intend to donate them for charitable causes. That includes for organizations such as this one or for special fund raising events like school fund raising auctions.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Ok – who’s up for a challenge? Let’s post how many we make and I’ll keep a tally. Let’s say between now and June 30th we’ll see how many we can send in. Any takers?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How perfect do they need to be? My 10 year old twins are learning to sew, this would be a fabulous (and useful ) challenge for them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.