Oliver + S

Secret Agent vs. School Days in Wool

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

So I have a nice wool plaid. Thinking about making Ms. Sassy a coat. Not sure yet.

But which do you think is better with wool?

Feel free to link to pictures of examples and blogs.

Thank you for sharing your collective wisdom.

Jenny

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Both are lovely Jenny but by your description of ‘Miss Sassy’ I am wondering about the Secret Agent trench.

I adore that pattern and I have several to make. Here is a link to my pin board with lots of inspiration http://pinterest.com/fiveandcounting/tilly-elsa-s-secret-agent-coats/

You are most welcome to look at my other boards but I will warn you that I have a rather ‘earthy’ sense of humour.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The Secret agent would be lovely in wool but consider the neckline. Would It be deemed too scratchy?

Personally i think it would be awesome but it would be tragic if it didn’t get worn. The School days has the neck area lined because of the hood.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

That itchiness is an excellent point as I have a child with a sensory integration disorder. Ms Sassy’s hands got sticky today and the world came to a screeching halt! I pity the day she enters kindergarten and it is too loud and she gets sticky at the same time. Holy meltdown! That cafeteria will be an interesting place for her. So will gym. Oh well, by then it will be the school’s issue. I do my part with her therapy!

This will take more thought. What about the cape? How is that around the neck? Arms?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

One of my daughters finds any wool itchy. I think she has sensitive skin. I made her a woollen coat but made sure it didn’t touch her skin.

I bound the neck and sleeve ends with satin binding. It looked pretty and only the soft stuff touched her skin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.