Oliver + S

Seashore Dress Inspiration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    emstone @emstone

Ok, I have to put this out here. I am struggling with finding a fabric that I am in LOVE with for the seashore dress. I don’t want it to overpower my 2.5yo nor do it want it to be too girly or pink. Any ideas out there? They would be much appreciated. BTW-I do have some of the Modern Workshop but I have it stashed for some other projects.

Thanks in Advance,

Erin

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My big girls have chosen plain dupion silk for theirs. You wouldn’t need much for a toddler and it would show off the beautiful lines of the pattern.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

how about a polka dot or a pin dot? that would be fun and classic without being overwhelming. Or, a chambray would downplay the girliness of the ruffled hem.

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

You could always go with the nautical theme. You could use a white with blue striped fabric with a solid blue or using the stripes in different patterns on the various pattern pieces. You could combine red and white. If you’re into the patriotic dressing you could make a red white and blue one, in time for the 4th of July. 😉

Have fun choosing your fabrics. I’m looking forward to seeing your creation.

Carol

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’ve just received this pattern so now I understand the dress and can join in with some suggestions.

Spots, stripes, gingham or even a plaid/ check (if you want to/ or are good at matching up patterns) would all suit this style and play down the girliness of it.

The idea of chambray/ light weight denim is good and with a constrast with mini piping or rick rack to break up the block of colour.

Monochromatic always works really well – blue and white, red and white or even black and white (white with a trimming of black). Very classic colour schemes.

It is certainly a pattern you could go wild with and have a number of them but all have them looking different.

Good luck with your choice. Whatever you choose I’m sure it will be perfect.

LINK
    justinsbride @justinsbride

There are a few samples in the flickr stream that might help you visualize a fabric choice. I have made the dress twice for my “just over” two year old (my screen name on flickr is Crafts for Lily), so I hope you find a fabric you love!

I hope this link works (it should bring up just the Seashore dresses in the flickr stream) http://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?w=694451@N21&m=pool&q=seashore

LINK
    pixelpusher @pixelpusher

I’m a newbie to Oliver + S, honestly I haven’t bought a commercial sewing pattern in years- been winging it! Anyhow, I competely by accident also ended up picking out fabric by Oliver + S as well – https://oliverands.com/fabric/mw/OSCC3.phtml – the zigzag for the main body, and the polka dot for the ruffle/pocket part. I hope it comes out as cute as I am imagining it to!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I like the idea of pindots for this one. Navy, perhaps? or Pink? Or, since summer is already in full swing, maybe a small scale floral in colors that will take you into early fall, like red or a deeper pink.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.