Oliver + S

School Bus T-shirt in 4-way stretch fabric?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    JenniferP @JenniferP

I am starting on Halloween costumes (Supergirl!) and found a lovely pink 4-way stretch fabric for the top. I am debating if I need to make a leotard out of this (would rather not since there is no O+S leo pattern!) or if it will work with the school bus t-shirt pattern. I haven’t made this pattern but would rather pay for this ever-so-useful pattern than a single-use leotard pattern. Do you think it will work in a stretchy fabric (think workout clothes…)?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Sure.

The School Bus pattern would be a great base for a leotard.

Do you have the Teaparty pattern? That would give you some idea of leg hole openings. Or take a current pair of swimmers to get an idea of length and leg hole size.

If your fabric is stretchy enough you won’t need closures as they could wriggle their whole body in through the neck hole as you do with a leotard.

The legholes could be finished with same fabric binding or a narrow band similar to the neck and.

Have fun, sounds totally do-able.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

If you do want a leotard pattern I recommend Kwiksew 2679. I’ve made it twice in the last month and used it as the basis for a lion costume 🙂 Here’s a link to the first one I made just to try out the pattern https://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/14801871396/

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have made a few ‘quicky’ leotards. My tips are extra stretchy fabric, fit and sew (have your model home) and size back.

Good luck.

LINK
    JenniferP @JenniferP

I have the fabric, I have the pattern, I have traced the pattern after measuring my daughter. She is measuring a size 6. However, when comparing the back piece, the edge of the shoulder is about 3/4 in from her shoulder! I am wary that the shoulder seam will be too tight for her. When I compare one of her close-fitting t-shirts to the pattern, it measures to the size 12 so I am confused (and I don’t think she is broad shouldered)…

Has anyone else had an issue with the shoulders on this pattern or am I missing something?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.