Oliver + S

Royal babies!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

Kensington Palace released pictures today. http://gawker.com/new-royal-baby-meets-old-royal-baby-in-british-baby-pri-1709556864

I’m not in love with Charlotte’s outfit, mainly because I think all the white is boring. She certainly does look comfortable and very sweet. I do like the piping on George’s shirt. I also like that, despite not yet being three, he has a distinctive look – knee socks, short trousers, and button downs (often with little sweaters). It’s so traditional and British, and reads like a very formal reminder that he’s a little boy.

Does anyone else think George sometimes wears handmade? You could totally make that shirt with the sketchbook pattern. (I would ask the same about Charlotte, but there aren’t enough pictures of her to point to specific garments as possibly homemade yet. At least, not for me to point them out.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

What beautiful photos! Prince George is just a stunning little fellow isn’t he? And little Princess Charlotte is just so delightful!
    I am certain we will see some very classic styles coming to the forefront as she grows.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Wouldn’t it be great if Kate turned out to be a secret sewist and she started ordering dozens of Oliver+s patterns and posting them in our Flickr group?

Liesl could introduce a new boys blazer, called of course, The George, and a new unisex baby pattern called The Charlie… Or alternatively, a girls’ pattern could be called, Buckingham Palace Garden Party dress or the Royal Family Reunion Party dress…

Hey Liesl and Todd, to celebrate the royal birth/children, how about a competition to name your next pattern after them with a prize of the pattern to the winner? Something like the George+c pattern range. I have some fabric with crowns on in my stash just waiting for some inspiration!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Linda.
    LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

OH I love Prince George’s outfit, his mom has such classic taste in her clothes and children. The ones I adore the most are the smocked outfits though! My littlest one dresses much like her little boy and loves those outfits as well. Kate really helped bring smocking to younger generation. I am for one excited to see how she dresses the new baby girl.

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

Mama Knowles, I’m excited about Charlotte’s future smocked outfits too! George had such adorable smocked things when he was tiny.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Haha! Like when somebody asked a British friend of mine whether he was celebrating the fourth of July and he gently pointed out that it was considered rather a loss, from their side. Generally royalty are a bit at odds with the American meritocratic ideal wherein all babies are seen as equally worthy, wouldn’t you say? Cute babies, though, and I love the way they dress 🙂

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

On the topic of royal babies, there was a new Prince born in Sweden on Monday:

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/royalfamily/latestnews/latestnews/theprincesscouplesson.5.751c664a14d8a76c83331b2.html

His mother, princess Madeleine was very pregnant over the weekend when Prince Carl Philip married Sofia Hellqvist. But she had good manners and waited until the wedding was over to have the baby 😉

Official pictures from the wedding:
    http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/royalfamily/latestnews/latestnews/theofficialweddingpictures.5.751c664a14d8a76c8332446.html

(Video if you are so inclined: http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/royalfamily/hrhprincesssofia/thewedding13june2015.106.751c664a14d8a76c833adf.html )

The new Prince hasn’t got a name yet. It will be announced today at around 5 pm after the King informs the government about it.

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

Congratulations to Sweden! And, of course, to Princess Madeleine. He’s a cutie!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Lovely photos Lotta, thank you!.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Isn’t he divine! And the wedding photos look wonderful too!

LINK
    KAREN @Butterfliesandfaeries

Such a beautiful baby! I wonder if we will see him in smocking?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Probably. I know it is huge in some European royal families to have their children wear smocked clothing – Netherlands comes to mind there. I love his little outfit he is wearing in the photo.

It would be fun to see how he is dressed as he grows.

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

Kate LOVES smocking! I know because we chatted about it last time I went over for tea.

JK!

But she does love smocking – she got George into it at least three times when he was just a wee thing. Any mum who gets her baby boy into smocking is not going to miss the opportunity to put it on her tiny girl. I’m hoping they wear some of the same pieces, because being passed down is what smocking is for! But I’m looking forward to seeing it on Charlotte in her future public appearances.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh gosh that new baby is darling! I love his sweet little knit outfit.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

Love that Kate (at least I think it is her who chooses their outfits?) has a vintagey sensibility, or is at least very aware of Diana’s taste and the visual significance of memories… as when George wore the same blue shorts-suit Will did for his Buckingham balcony debut recently. She’s on her own for Charlotte tho… I don’t recall any particularly striking outfits on Sarah’s girls. I have seen Kate herself in a dress with tulip sleeves that would be a ringer for a grown-up Fairytale dress.
    The Swedish royal children are adorable!! IMHO, grey is such a good baby color especially with fair skin. Prince Nicholas Paul is a cutie!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.