Oliver + S

Road Trip Pattern club?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Hi! Have any of you joined this? What are your thoughts about it?

By the way, I’m back from Canada and all the clothes I made my granddaughter Rose fitted her! Even the Puppet Show shorts- glad I finished them now. Sunny day shorts also fitted my two grandsons but the bucket hats didn’t fit anybody. I don’t know what I did wrong there!

Linda

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

Were the hats too small? I made the size large for my 20 month old and it barely fits. I’m going to try to enlarge the pattern to make him another.

I don’t know what a patrern road trip os,,,

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Yes, the hats were both too small, though i made large size. They didn’t fit my two and a half year old granddaughter either. I was so disappointed as they looked very cute. Never mind, they are being passed on to my daughter’s friend’s smaller children.’

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Linda were you working from the free PDF or from Little Things to Sew? The potential with the PDF is to print it with some scaling error.

Quite a few of us have reported that the hats seem to run small compared to the ages suggested, however they do seem fairly accurate to the head measurements. Either that, or we all have kids with big noggins for their age.

My three year old is now in the large and my six year old fits the large if I make it with a smaller seam allowance, say 3/8″ rather than 1/2″.

For a 20 month old to not fit the large size they either have an extraordinary brain bucket ir there’s been some error….

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Agreed, Tildy has a big head and needed the large. It must be all the fresh air and sunshine!

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Thanks for all the replies re hats. Think there must have been “some” error- probably mine! I’m going to make one more, checking print sizing (used free pattern, Lightning) – the others were printed from my Nexus which doesn’t allow me any “tweaks” before I print. I’ll also make sure my cutting out and seams are precise, too.

LINK
    mariasasse @mariasasse

Hi Linda! I´m sorry I will also be commenting on the hat and not the road trip pattern club. I have the book… but one day couldn´t find it and just printed the free pattern of the bucket hat… I made the same size I had made from the book and it turne out smaller… so it is really not you, the free pdf is smaller than the pattern in the book.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Thanks for your message, Mariasasse. I might have to buy the book then!

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I used the free pattern and did check my scale prior to printing the whole pattern. My kid does have a big head-I picked the size by measurements not age.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Thanks Miss Sonja. I presume that yours fitted then. So sounds like I should have been more careful- another lesson learned…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.