Oliver + S

Question about knit stretch and sizing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Ohhowsweet @Ohhowsweet

Hi everyone,

I was shopping for knits for my little one, with both Hop Scotch and Nature Walk pants in mind. Both patterns call for knits that have at least 25% stretch. If I was to find a fabric that I simply couldn’t turn down, and it was 15% stretch, would I be safe going up one (or two) sizes – while keeping the original length? Is there a way to do this successfully?

Thanks!

Melissa

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have used quite a rigid knit but I sized up considerably(3 sizes) as the arms are slim and I used ribbing for the neck band.

Good luck!

~Nicole~

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve just made the Nature Walk pants in a minimally stretchy fabric and got away with it. My less stretchy Hopscotch dress probably won’t get much wear though because, as Nicole said, the arms are quite slim fitting. A smart person, such as yourself, asks first and sews later!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I know that the sleeve size isn’t an error, but I wonder if a note should be made in the errata for the hopscotch dress. I forgot to go up 2 sizes for this dress. And I know better. Off to make a note on the pattern envelope.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.