Oliver + S

Question about interfacing in reversable hat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

I was shopping for the sew in interfacing for the reversible hat in little things to sew and I couldn’t decide if it means sew-in fleece or just “regular” interfacing, only you sew it in instead of fuse it in. All my fabric store had with the label “sew in” was fleece. Any help will be appreciated!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sew in interfacing is just like the iron on but with out the shiny glue side that you heat to bond. It comes in different thicknesses and may be used to trace patterns. This is as far as I know,there may be another product in America.

I think I may have read to use sew in rather than iron on to prevent ‘bubbles’,but I am not completely sure on that one-sorry!

If I need a firmer interfacing I will often do two layers.

I hope this is some help,if not I’m sure someone else will know!

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

That is what I thought, but I couldn’t find it! However, I am lucky enough to live near the self proclaimed largest fabric store in America and they have 3 aisles of interfacing options. Add in 10 minutes till closing time to get my fabric cut and a hyper active 3 year old and no wonder I couldn’t find it. I think I will just go to Joann’s tomorrow where they have a much more managable selection. 🙂 Thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.