Oliver + S

Puppet show pig's ear

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

So, I made a right pig’s ear of the whole collar bit of this pattern! The collar didn’t want to go on correctly, didn’t match up where it should on neckline, the curves looked completely different. I think I was just not careful or accurate enough with my cutting out and stitching curves. I eventually wrestled it into submission and it’s on- though sulking a bit and refusing to match exactly where it should at the back. And no, I am NOT taking it off again, I just won’t let people stand behind my granddaughter. Any tips for next time, ladies? Oh yeah- and I had to use a million pins to practically put dress together before I could work out how to attach bodice to back skirt. At one point, my granddaughter was going to have to wear the skirt inside out at the back and right side out at the front if I hadn’t stopped for a cup of tea and a much needed shortbread biscuit. Linda

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have a tute Linda, for a ‘robust’ version

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73676143876173067/

Its a favourite of mine but it does require concentration.

So worth it though, so terribly cute.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Thanks Nicole. I want to make it again, because it is cute, you’re right, so I’ll watch your tutorial. Just wondering about our time differences- it’s quarter to ten in the morning here, so I sort of presumed you would be in bed in Australia?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My pleasure!

Its Twenty past six here 🙂

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Oh she’s like a little doll! Not watched the tutorial yet because I stopped at the picture of her in that lovely red version.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

She is a little Dote, isn’t she?

Thank you!

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

It’s so odd, isn’t it? Here we are, in our different parts of the world, “talking” to each other about sewing for our offspring.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Its lovely, I truly enjoy this Forum.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Yes, I am too.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Your tutorial is very helpful, Nicole. I’ll watch it again next time just before I make my second Puppet Show.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am so pleased,that is my absolute pleasure.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.