Oliver + S

Puppet show does it fit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    kellieanderson25 @kellieanderson25

Hi girls,

I have a friend whom just asked me to make her daughter’s minnie dress and her bday is oct 6th so I dont have a ton of time for error. I have never made the puppet show but figured it would be the perfect dress. I have seen other girls on flickr say the outfit doesnt fit well. Is that the case?

Thanks!

Kellie

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I enlarged it to size 7. I think it fits well. Here’s a picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66494254@N06/7856870102/in/set-72157631236606540.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I wonder if you have read the discussions about the matching bloomers?

They are made to go over a disposable nappy not a cloth.

The top fits very true and is wonderfully flattering to a chubby toddler tummy.

~Nicole~

LINK

hmm its not exactly toddler but for a 4 year old girl.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Then make the 4 or 5.

If you are concerned,make the 5 and add length.

LINK

thanks for the advice! I was just worried that for an older girl whom has lost some of the baby fat it would be off.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have found the fit to be great in both smaller and larger sizes, with the only exception being that the sleeve cuffs were a bit too tight for my friend’s wonderfully chubby baby in the 0-3m size.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve found the complete opposite. I’ve only made this outfit twice: a full set in 6-9 months size and again in 12-18 months size. Both outfits were intended for children at the younger end of the size range. The shorts were unwearable in both cases, possible to just squeeze on over a disposable nappy but no hope over cloth. The arms and neck were too tight for the younger baby but Ok for the older size. I’ve made another pair of size 2 shorts for a 20 month old which were OK (but little) and again, only over disposable nappies.

I love the shorts that I see in the Flickr group but I’ve all but given up on this pattern unless I buy the larger size….

I think non walking babies are actually suprisingly big around arms, legs and neck and require a very short version of a much bigger pattern. Once they get walking they seem to fit a bit more normal sized.

LINK
    theknittinganxiety @theknittinganxiety

Are you sewing the dress or the tunic + shorts? I cannot wait to see how it will look.

The next Carnaval I need to dress my daughter as minnie, because she is crazy about the Mickey Mouse Club House, and in my opinion I think that both would be perfect.

I already sewed 3 puppet show shorts size 2Y and they fit very well my 22 month baby and she wears disposable nappies, it is one of my favorite patterns.

I sewed the dress once, size 2Y but it was to long and then I had to cut some lenght between tunic and dress and my baby is a tall skinny baby. Better longer than shorter. I never sewed the tunic but I think that would fit my baby much better than the dress.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.