Oliver + S

Problem with the no tie scarf (or with my own brain :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Charlotte @Charlotte

Can someone please help me with the no tie scarf, I just don’t see how I have to turn it.

I think I did everything right, including step 3 from the “join the scarf front and back part”. But i’m not able to continue with step 4. I’ve turned the scarf in so many ways and still don’t see it. No sewing friends in the neighbourhood, and I really would like to finish this project for my little girl cause at the moment it is verry cold in Belgium. Probably not as cold as in the USA, so warm greetings from Belgium and thank you all for the help. Charlotte

LINK
    Charlotte @Charlotte

I think I know what I did wrong, thanks to the pictures of the true,pure,lovely blog.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am so pleased Charlotte.

I got the book out but my morning brain was not co-operating!

Perhaps you would post a link to the blog for others?

Nicole

LINK
    DFitz @DFitz

I’m stuck at the same point for the no tie scarf. I just can’t figure out how to turn the scarf in step 3. I’d love to see a link for the helpful blog that was mentioned above! Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    DFitz @DFitz

Thanks motherof5. The blog pictures are lovely, but they don’t seem to describe construction techniques. I can’t seem to find my answer as to how to turn the scarf in step 3. Any further help would be great! Charlotte if you are around, could you please describe what you did to figure out step 3.

LINK
    DFitz @DFitz

OK, I figured it out! I’m not sure if I attacked the problem the right way, but it worked for me. I started by turning the scarf completely right side out. At that point I was able to look into the scarf from either end and see the unfinished ends of the loop that needed to be finished. That gave me a great visual to understand what needed to be sewn together, and from there I was able to position the fabric correctly so I could sew up the ends of the loop.

The scarf turned out great! Sophisticated, yet so adorable on my 3 year old. Instead of fringe, I finished the ends with a small ruffle done in coordinating fabric. I wish I could post a picture, but we are having problems downloading from our camera. That’s another problem for another day. 🙂

Hope my description is helpful to those who may get stuck on this step in the future. It really is not difficult, but I have a difficult time visualizing from time to time. I’ve already stared on scarf #2!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.