Oliver + S

Pictures in the Flickr group

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

I know this was recently discussed but I cannot find the thread. I am wondering if folks would mind just posting one or 2 pics of an item and note in the comment under the pic that more pics are available on their own flickr page. I have fairly slow internet and enjoy seeing the many lovely items people share. However, it takes a long time to load the pictures and getting so many of one item means I just don’t get to see the rest, just too time consuming. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yes, my creaky ole internet seems to be powered by a very lazy hamster, and my cell service is even worse. We did have a thread on it recently. I’ll read about something in the “what are you sewing now” thread and then go look for it, like meleliza’s stunning white fairy tale dress — it seemed like it took an eternity find it. Then, too, it’s so exciting to share, and it feels a bit sad, doesn’t it, when your photo gets quickly buried?

LINK
    Emily @Emily

My general rule of thumb is three pictures: one front view, one back view, and one detail picture (if warranted). I agree that it’s a little sad when the pictures go off the front page so quickly, especially when it’s because someone posts a dozen seemingly identical pictures of their (admittedly cute) kid wearing a new dress.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Three is good,four if you are showing detail,or mention you have more in your stream.

I liked the old Flickr better when one had pages,not this tuna blaster thing.

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

I’m finding myself super inspired by this Flickr submission (and not just because of the amazing garment, but wow it’s lovely) it’s a collage of three photos in one, something that could easily be made in a free program like pic monkey, and I prefer getting to see all the details at once without having to flick through to the next picture. http://www.flickr.com/photos/52151674@N08/8564086870/in/pool-oliverands/

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is so clever!

What is pic monkey?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve started doing similar and getting the detail and the garment shots into one flickr picture. I use Lightroom for the picture editing.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Oh, goodness, that’s mine – thank you!

I was just about to post that that’s what I’ve started doing – I used to just post one or two pics (front and back), but I know that I myself am unsure which pics to comment on when looking at others – I use my phone to both take and upload pics, and I found a collage app – it was a free one, I think, and I’m sure there are better ones out there! (The one I have is just called PhotoCollage)

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

Picmonkey.com is a free online program that lets you fix, alter, and play around with photos, and it has a really easy collage option where you pick your outline and pictures and you can be done in 30 seconds! There is also Pixlr.com, but I think Picmonkey is a bit easier to use.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Ooh I will have to check it out. I love the collage. All the details in one view! 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

That is a super fun idea — draws you in to make you want to see more 🙂

LINK
    theknittinganxiety @theknittinganxiety

Great tip! I need to try it too… Don’t forget that the bloggers can always leave the link and if we like the picture we definitely will peek the blog!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.