Oliver + S

Pajama Pant Cuffs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    JuliePetrella @JuliePetrella

In Step 7, you are pinning the folded edge of the cuff to the stitching line and seam allowance and edge stitching. Can you clarify which seam allowance you are pinning and referring to?

Also, the finished cuff as folded: Is the entire cuff folded up so that the wrong side of the main fabric is at bottom of the inside of the pant? Or, is the right side of the cuff fabric on the inside of the pant leg at the bottom? Thank you!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Okay,after the 2 raw edges are stitched(bottom of cuff and bottom of leg)the cuff folds back over it self so there are no visible raw edge.

The folded edge of cuff will then cover that last stitched seam.

I have just made these,I can post a picture if you like?

As for folding the cuff,I folded ALL of mine as they were quite long but you could fold half if you wish and tack it in place.

I hope this helps!

LINK
    HeatherW @HeatherW

Could you post a picture? When you folded the cuff back up onto itself (back to seam where they are attached to the pant leg itself?), did you edgestitch the cuff? thank you so, so much!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Not a problem Heather,I will do it as soon as I can(an hour or so)?

I did edge stitch the cuff where it is sewn to the right side of the leg. You could hand sew this for a neater finish but I figure pj’s are wash-n-wear so I didn’t.

LINK
    HeatherW @HeatherW

thank you! thank you! looking forward to surprising my older boy with these (and then on to making a pair for my little guy)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Here is a set Heather,I hope it may help…if not let me know and I can add some notes!

Good Luck

x Nicole

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/sets/72157628183241649/

LINK
    HeatherW @HeatherW

thanks nicole, hopefully i can finish up the pants this afternoon…so long as my little guy takes his nap! i really like yours out of the jersey…..am using the robert kaufman flannel grinch fabric! heather.

LINK
    JuliePetrella @JuliePetrella

Thank you so much! The photos were really helpful. Best,

Julie

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am so glad!

Its my absolute pleasure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.