Oliver + S

Out of print to be coming back … (according to Liesl's Twitter)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I follow Oliver + S on Twitter and I saw this last night:

And I squeed a little.

What print do you think it is and what print do you wish it was?

I have no idea but I miss the Puppet Show Tunic pattern …

LINK
    E1izabeth @E1izabeth

Exciting! I would buy the puppet show pattern if it came out again – I really love the shorts with that pattern. I also want the playdate dress pattern. I can’t wait to find out what is coming back.

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

I can’t see Twitter. What did she say? I’d love the Puppet show in larger sizes. 🙂 But I’m looking forward to new shorts when they are released. Liesl, you’re so good to us!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

My guess would be the Puppet Show, but there are some patterns that are “out of print” that they still have some stock left, so it may be one of those. I have to say I love my Playdate dress.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Oh, I’d be so excited if it were the Puppet Show! I spent some time the other day scouring the web looking for some place that still had it in stock so I could put it on my Christmas wish list! 🙂 The shorts in that pattern are adorable! I also would love the Bubble dress for my youngest!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, you really like the Puppet Show that much? Sorry to disappoint–we’re reprinting the School Days raincoat in the large sizes instead. The reason for this decision is kind of exciting, however: the next fabric collection includes laminates that are PU coated and would be terrific for this pattern.

But thanks for the feedback on this. I’m designing our next collection of sewing patterns right now and will keep in mind your love of the Puppet Show while I’m deciding what to make.

Cheers!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

From the amount of pictures I’ve seen on Flickr, most people love the shorts portion of the Puppet show. I’d love to see the shorts in larger sizes, as my daughter will probably grow out of the size range in a few years, if not by the end of this upcoming summer.

LINK
    icicle @icicle

Good call, Liesl — I picked up a School Days in the larger size precisely because I knew you had laminates coming out next year. That pattern is getting hard to find so I jumped when I saw it.

(psst, girly pants!! I vote for a girly pants pattern!)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am so pleased to hear this, I love this jacket!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Oh, I am pleased to hear that! I’ve wanted to make that coat for my big girl but dreaded enlarging the pattern myself.

I agree the Puppet Show is sadly missed, but it might not be all that suitable in larger sizes – apart from the shorts that is – and the new shorts design I saw from Market looks awesome!

Thanks Liesl!

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

I saw those laminates and was sad I already made up raincoats in Nicey Jane! They are still super cute, and I can tell the baby will be grown out of her jacket soon, maybe even in time for a new spring raincoat! Also, if anyone is interested, I picked up the 2T-5T range of the Puppet Show Pattern at a quilt shop a few weeks ago thinking I needed it, only to find out I needed the smaller size instead. That is what happens when you get excited to find out of print patterns, you shop without thinking. Anyway, since I don’t need two copies if anyone is interested I could list it somewhere, ebay or etsy, I suppose. I have never sold anything on there but I could probably figure it out!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Is there a difference in pattern between the School Days jacket pattern for the regular coat and the raincoat (or is it one and the same)? I don’t have this one and am afraid to venture into a coat since I’ve never done one before. LOVE that coat though!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It is one and the same!

I used to get a bit muddled with that!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Oh goodie! It looked like it was listed as two different ones, but then looked like it was the same. So glad it is! I might just have to attempt it one day! Thanks for letting me know!

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

When will you be bringing back the larger size for the School Days Coat? I’m out of stock, and wondered when I can order again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.