Oliver + S

OT: favorite pattern makers for adults – Lisette, Victory, Sis Boom, other?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    PreemieMomma @PreemieMomma

I’d like to try my hand at making some tops for myself. I’ve been making my daughters clothes for about 3 yrs now (she’s 4). I’ve heard that some of the big brand patterns don’t always come with the most thorough instructions so I thought I’d stick with the patterns on O+S.com since I assume they have good thorough instructions, similar to the O+S kids patterns.

Secondly, I’m on an insanely tight budget (living paycheck to paycheck at the moment) so whatever pattern I choose I will have to make it with quilting cotton I already have on hand. I’m a size 16 in RTW. What would be a good brand/pattern to start with for my first try at a women’s size garment?

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I think Lisette patterns would be a good place to start, especially if you’re on a tight budget. Take advantage of one of the Simplicity sales at Joann Fabrics and you can get them for $1/pattern.:)

Cindy

LINK
    paula @paula

The only women’s clothes I have made are from an Amy Butler, a Grainline Studio and a Seamingly Smitten pattern. I’m sure ill be making more as my daughter just crossed over into women’s sizes!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Lisette are good; I am loving Grainline patterns at the moment – their Scout woven tee would be a quick and easy (& quite cheap!) start to self sewing. Colette patterns have a free top pattern (Sorbetto) that I also love:

http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/sorbetto

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Lisette are great and you can pick them up on sale for a snip!

I love Vogue Easy patterns, but they can be pricey.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.