Oliver + S

Oliver & S patterns that will work well with 21 wale corduroy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I purchased on line some 21 wale corduroy for the Music Box jumpers for my granddaughter. I didn’t understand the weight of the fabric. Do you think it is too lightweight for the Music Box jumper? I did not read that the width was 58″ so I have a lot of corduroy left over. Any suggestions for Oliver & S patterns that work well with this fabric. It is very lightweight.

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

I have made the jumper in corduroy and love it! We wore it all winter over a long sleeve tee and wool tights, adorable! I’m not sure how light your cord is, but mine was classified as babyweight 21 cord, slightly heavier than a quilting cotton. I have also made 2 lovely ice cream dresses in cord, the sunday brunch sets twice, a 2+2 skirt and some sandbox pants! It really is amazing how far you can stretch a 58″ width of fabric.

LINK
    homefire @homefire

I have personally used a lightweight cord for the Hopscotch skirt, Jumprope dress, and the Icecream dress with success. I really think any of the patterns that calls for a woven will be perfect.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

As I recall, Marie-Michelle made even the bubble dress in a light wool, so I think these patterns really adapt pretty well to a variety of fabrics. It might be too light for the School Days coat, and obviously not stretchy enough for the Hopscotch top, but I bet it would be lovely for most other things. It should make a great Music Box jumper, actually.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The Sunday Brunch makes up beautifully in cord.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’m planning to make a couple of Jump Rope Dresses out of pin cord for the fall – view B, with the collar in a printed cotton maybe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.