Oliver + S

need a jacket/sweater for a wedding!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    smithma @smithma

Hello,

I am making the birthday dress for my 2-yr old in a gray silk dupioni for a wedding in Minnesota, and I’m getting worried that it’s going to be quite chilly! So I’m trying to figure out the most flattering topper I could add to it … I saw that someone else made a cape, but I’m looking for other ideas. Do you think that the brunch jacket or firefly jacket would work? Or maybe just find a pretty sweater?

thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think the FireFly in silk would be divine.

The shape would compliment the Birthday dress beautifully.

Oooh,if you made the version with the ruffled cuff you could make it non-reversable and line it with a rigid soft knit for warmth.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I was thinking either the sunday Brunch or Red Riding hood from LTTS. For my own wedding I had a full length cape made from satin lined with polar fleece. For the cape you may want to lengthen it to make it look more spectacular.

LINK
    smithma @smithma

thanks–I’m leaning toward the firefly. Just have to see how much time I have!

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Honestly, I think a jacket made from matching silk would look too much like a suit, or something. If it was me , I would look for a sweet little sweater in white/off-white or champagne to compliment the gray silk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.