Oliver + S

Neckline – accidentally cut too wide

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    sarahd2711 @sarahd2711

I have made the ice cream dress several times and love it. I have a paper copy of the smaller sizes and made one last night for a baby gift in the 6-12 month size.
    But, I accidentally cut the neckline of the size 4 (on both the paper pattern and the fabric). I didn’t notice until the dress was done.
    Could someone let me know approximately what the difference is on the cutting line for the neckline between the size 6-12 month and 4? I have enough fabric to re-cut and re-do the top piece – I just don’t know how much smaller to make the neckline.
    Or, if anyone has suggestions for another way to fix this? The bodice is chambray and the skirt is liberty lawn and I love the simple lines of this dress so I’m a little reluctant to put trim, etc. around the neckline.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Do you still have the piece that you cut out? could you tape it back in place? I’m sure you’d have thought of that already. I don’t know if I have the smaller size but when I get a chance I’ll have a look and see.

LINK
    sarahd2711 @sarahd2711

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately, I don’t still have that piece. I think I cut out the size 4 thinking that still “saved” the other, smaller sizes (since it does on the side seams, etc.).

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sarah, apologies , on my phone

Attachments:
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

And

Attachments:
    LINK
    sarahd2711 @sarahd2711

Thank you so much! I cut out a new bodice – it looks much better and more proportionate now 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by sarahd2711.
    Attachments:
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Okay, @sarahd2711 , that is seriously cute!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.