Oliver + S

Neatening under arm seam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How has everyone else finished this seam? I decided to bind mine,very quick and easy,but I would love to know what others did!

I did photograph the process if anyone is interested .

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Oh! mygoodness… YES! I stressed over this when I sewed it as well! I can’t believe it’s been two years since I made that little dress, but I remember wanting the sleeve seam absolutely perfect on the inside. How funny, too, because just today I was going through SweetPea’s closet and touching/loving all the little dresses I’ve made her the last couple of years and feeling all melancholy that she’s grown out of some of my favorites.

Anyway, just crept back into her room (11:30pm here) and noted that I bound the sleeve seam – I believe I enclosed it using Heather Bailey’s continuous seam method (Step J).

http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/BindingDirections.pdf

(please forgive me, Liesl, if you have instructed on this and I’m just not remembering at this late hour – if you have, let me know and I will link it hence forth – xo)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks April ,I will have a look, as I LOVE this pattern and would like to make many more. Sweet Dreams!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Oh Nicole I am definitely interested – this is next on my to do list.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Are the pictures on Flickr? I definitely want to see how you did them!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/4873378793/ plus two more, show how I did it, however, my explanation is not the best , sorry!

I will definitely leave the tutorials to April !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.