Oliver + S

Nancy Drew for Halloween

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Profile photo of Erin78Erin78 @Erin78

My daughter is really wanting to be Nancy Drew for Halloween. I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas as to how I can accurately depict this beloved book character in costume? She seems (on the book covers) to wear pencil skirts and blouses a lot, but I was wondering (since I have a lot of O + S patterns already) if you all could steer me to using one of them to accommodate my “Nancy” wannabe. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

LINK
    Profile photo of JaneJane @jesims

What about a Sunday Brunch skirt, Sketchbook blouse and forest path cape? I would do either the cape or skirt in a plaid to sort of give it a sleuth-y feel.

Jane

LINK
    Profile photo of Mama_KnowlesMama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

That’s what I was thinking, a plaid skirt, maybe the Music Class blouse with a sweater vest? I would also use a magnifying glass.

LINK
    Profile photo of with love Heidiwith love Heidi @with love Heidi

I always think of her in a pleated skirt like the 2+2, with music class shirt, Art Museum Vest and a well fitting cardigan with a low V neck so you can see the shirt and vest. 🙂

Not sure how accurate it is to the book or movie though.

The books always give me the impression she is well tailored and well dressed.

LINK
    Profile photo of NicoleNicole @motherof5

My girls have a lovely Nancy Drew movie starring Emma Roberts. She wears some lovely classic clothes that she ‘sews’ her self.

If you google it you may find some nice ideas.

LINK
    Profile photo of NicoleNicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Profile photo of melelizameleliza @meleliza

I’ve never seen that movie. The Nancy Drew I remember had less a 70s look and more of a 50s, with a nipped in waist, peter pan collars, tight sweaters. http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en&tbm=isch&q=original+nancy+drew+books&revid=257225&sa=X&ei=scBOUqvAErW44AOIoIDQBg&ved=0CDUQ1QIoAQ&dpr=1&biw=1024&bih=672

Key is that blonde bob. I guess it depends on who you want to recognize her costume, the parents or the kids.

LINK
    Profile photo of Erin78Erin78 @Erin78

Thank you all so much!!! I feel much more prepared and inspired to do this. Now if I could only find the right plaid!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2016. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.