Oliver + S

Mystery fabric suggestions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

My daughter’s kindergarten teacher gave me a bag of fabric that belonged to her mother. One piece looks like lightweight twill, but is very, very drapey. I burned a little scrap, and it doesn’t seem to have any polyester.

So any ideas what to call this? More importantly, what should I make? It is too heavy for summery tops, but maybe a skirt. I was thinking about the hopscotch skirt, but does that look better with a crisp fabric?

The color is similar to a dark wash jean.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

how much is there, and how wide? Maybe some After-school Pants or shorts, or a jumper?

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Might be a cotton/modal twill. I had a piece of that in army green and used it for shorts (class picnic and sketchbook) and lined a bucket hat. Still have a bit left. The music box jumper is nice in light bottomweights, too.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve got a mystery piece of fabric that sounds simular, looks like twill but the feel and drape is so very soft. I’ve been thinking of a family reunion dress, but what about a 2+2 top?

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Thanks for the ideas. It is about 42″ wide, and I have about 2 yards. Shorts might be just the thing. They would be soft and durable.

I do love free fabric, but it creates a bit of a puzzle.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am late to the party but may I play?

Liesl made the grooviest Playdate dress for S in denim,it was fabulous.

May I suggest that?

~Nicole~

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.