Oliver + S

music class blouse for boys?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    arlinajsk @arlinajsk

I really love the classic British / French shirts for little boys, inspiration here: https://www.pepaandcompany.com/baby/tops-and-shirts/baby-polo-collar-shirt-navy-checks.html

What are your thoughts on the music class blouse for boys? Is there anything you can think of to adjust on the pattern to fit boys better?

Thank you

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I would have definitely put this on my boy.
    For up to 2 years I would make it as it is. (2+2 blouse would be adorable too) after that age I would consider leaving off the tucks and trimming the excess from the side and front to match the yoke.
    I would keep the width at the sides for a chubby boy or trim the side too for a slimmer child (drafting a new pattern piece, not cutting your original)

You could also lay the yoke over the front panels and cut them as one?

Check the length too, I found it needed a little added for my girls, you can always trim off…

By choosing a plain or micro gingham or stripe you would have a very snappy shirt for wee boys.

I will think some more today and come back with any more ideas.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

The music class shirt on little boys is cute, especially because the gathers allow for baby bellies. But the Sketchbook has served me well for many many iterations, and making it short-sleeved with the collar is that pic exactly. You can also do Peter pan collars on little boys as long as they are low enough on the chest to button all the way up.

LINK
    arlinajsk @arlinajsk

Thank you Nicole and Reeni. These are great ideas! I have made the sketchbook for my little boy, but I think the collar stands up more so for a teeny 17 months old, buttoning up will completely cover his neck.
    I don’t have the music class pattern yet and I’m thinking of getting it…but it looks like the collar is shorter?

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

You can just make the Sketchbook collar stand narrower (trim about 1/3″ on bottom edge where it sews into the neck) so it folds down more/lays lower onto the shoulder? The music class shirt is a nice sew, though, and doesn’t have the stand part at all.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have made a few baby boy Sketch book shorts, utterly adorable but they were a bit firm for a chubby babies neck. The Music Class would definitely be roomier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.