Oliver + S

Modifying After-school pants to allow width for a cloth diaper?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

I have already cut my fabric to sew the after-school pants in size 6-12 months. But then I realized I probably should have sized up since the baby who will be wearing them will also be wearing cloth diapers.

In looking at the pattern and instructions, it looks to me like I can increase the width of the side panel by 1-2″ (I’m leaning towards 2″) and I would then also need to increase the yoke by the same amount.

Does that sound right? Anything else I haven’t considered?

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

With cloth diapers, it’s really the rise that needs to be increased (though I hear the after-school pants are slim, so maybe for this pattern it would make sense to widen them a little, too). Here’s a good visual for adapting a pattern for cloth diapers:

http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2010/05/quick-change-trousers-for-the-clothdiapered-bum.html

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I made my baby boy the size 12-18months but the 6-12month length for these to fit. They still fit great.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_knowles03/8253042206/in/set-72157629821334919

LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

both of those visuals helped me lots- thank you.

I wasn’t really wanting to re-cut the pant legs, but maybe I should.

Do you think adding height to the yoke in this pattern would have the same effect as increasing the rise?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I adore these little trousers but if I was making them for a cloth nappy baby I would size up by 2 or 3 sizes and chop off the legs(probably losing the bottom panels).

They are a slim cut,perfect for my skinny mini nearly 4 year old,but cloth nappies are so bulky!

NB(I use a folded nappy,I cannot comment on pre made cloth nappy pants)

~Nicole~

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.