Oliver + S

Mixed up fabric requirements

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I will try and get my pattern out today and check for you

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Hi Sewgirl, I think you will really enjoy the Ice Cream dress; I’ve made it quite a few times, and it’s lots of fun in all sorts of fabrics. Yes, Fabs A and B are tricky to work out, and I’ve made notes on the back of my envelope to remind me. For View A, Fabric A is used for the yoke, the hem band, and the top bands of the pockets; Fabric B is for the dress, and the pockets themselves. For View B – Fabric A is used for the yoke and the hem band (which is 2 inches longer than the hem band in View A), Fabric B is used for the gathered part of the dress directly below the yoke, and Fabric C is used for the remaining panel – ie directly above the hem band. I hope this helps you choose your fabric before your pattern arrives. NB. The yoke has a main piece and a facing – if you don’t have enuf of your favourite Fabric A, the yoke can be faced with just about anything – either your Fabric B if you buy enuf, or something else from your stash. The same applies for the hem band.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bumping this so it doesn’t disappear.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.