Oliver + S

making in a knit for uniform purposes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

Due to a laundry mishap that I think involves clay left in a pocket, dd needs a new short-sleeved shirt to wear under her uniform… she has two made with the sketchbook shirt pattern but a peter pan collar, but in the uniform store that her school uses, there is this:

http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/LandsEnd/350064_A809_LF_WHI?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=4.47427293064877&id=nAsud0

Has anyone made either the sketchbook or music box in a knit? I have some that has a looped back which is a nice weight for fall/winter… unfortunately the long-sleeved one that I made using a pattern for a knit shrank and continues to shrink! So back to the drawing board…

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think a stable knit would work just fine.

If you treat it as a woven, interface the suggested areas and handle the fabric carefully, it should be fine.

It can also help to use a thin strip of interfacing to stabilise the seams before you sew them.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I think I’ll go for it this holiday weekend! I went for a look through the gallery but didn’t find any…

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Lovely!

Do share a link here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.