Oliver + S

Low Rise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    mela @mela

The last two pairs of sailboat pants I’ve made my daughter don’t fit her very well in the back. The back sits too low, like her diaper is pulling the center back seam down, which pulls down the back waistband. I’ve tried making a thinner elastic casing, hoping to counteract, but it just looks like the rear rise is just too low for her. Does anyone have any suggestions on what pattern alteration might fix this? I really love these pants and I would love to be able to avoid this issue in upcoming versions. (the two sizes I made with this problem were 18-24 and 2T). Thank you!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Mela,if you read back through the forums re Sailboat Top and Pants you will find some suggestions.

I love these little pants so much I found it just as easy to put a body suit on mu daughter instead of a singlet to ‘hold it all together’.

Making them from a fabric with a little stretch helps as well.

The pants fit well once they are out of nappies and fit quite well with a disposable.

Good Luck!

N

LINK
    mela @mela

I’d checked the sailboat section on the forums, but I didn’t find any info about changing the rise. I think my baby might have a generous bum because she is using disposables but the rise is still too low. I suppose I can look for info about altering the rise on adult patterns and adapt it to these?

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

It was discussed on the Flikr Forum before we moved all discussion here.

Here’s the link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands/discuss/72157623779035181/

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Jessica!

I thought I was going potty!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have been encountering this issue as well, and have been wondering what an alteration for this might look like, not least because I would like a higher rise in the back for my own trousers as well. I really hate the plumber situation.

LINK
    girl like the sea @girl like the sea

I too have the same issue going on, which really surprises me considering my daughter is in slim disposable diapers. Not only that, but I made the 3T size and she is not yet 3, and a very VERY skinny little girl. The combination of my having to make the elastic extra short (I have to do this on every pattern! so definitely not a sizing issue with the sailboat pants) which rumpled up the back of the pants heavily, plus it riding super low, makes them look very bizarre in the back. It makes me so sad because they are so spectacular from the front! The only thing that makes me feel better is that I made my first pair with fabric I harvested from some thrifted pants. My precious hemp/ cotton fabric that I was hoping to make some sailboats from is still untouched. Now I need to figure out how to make the rise quite a bit higher and maybe size down in the width so they don’t wad up on her tiny bum.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.