Oliver + S

Long pants from Sketchbook shorts for girls

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

My daughter asked me to sew fall pants for my granddaughter age 2. She grew out of her Nature Walk pants. Last winter I made her lined Sandbox pants but my daughter does not like the drawstring and they seem to be roomier even when I lined them. This summer I made her seersucker Sketchbook shorts and I really like the fit. Can I lengthen the legs of the Sketchbook shorts with the Sandbox pants pattern? I have lightweight corduroy fabric for early fall. I know I should just try it, but I want to ask if one of you tried this, because I don’t want to waste this fabric.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

This would be my most used pattern!

I make my Twins Sketchbook ‘pants’ but I lengthened the pattern by laying a pair of existing trousers over the pattern and folded the pattern to follow and lengthened that way.

I am not sure about the Sandbox pattern…do you mean as a length guide?

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I was thinking of using the Sandbox leg pattern from above the knee down to the ankle. But I can use an existing pair of pants like you suggested. I take a look at your pants on Flicker. Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.