Oliver + S

Lisette!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

Looks like Lisette has a new line of patterns through Buttrick. I will get the dress pattern.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Well that was a well kept surprise! I’m intrigued by the dress too. I like the pants actually. It’s refreshing to see something not skinny. In linen they would make a nice travel wardrobe. I also kind of like that jacket. It’s so retro! I’m finally starting to see the charm in this 80s revival. And,it looks like the one worn by the 2014 girl of the year Isabelle. 🙂

LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

I just took a closer look at the jacket. I love it! Super cool.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I love the dress with the cross-over bodice! I’m going to get that. And the princess-seamed top with the trousers is very nice. Love that it comes with different cup sizes. I checked it out on the Butterick site to see the back view, and it’s great.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I love the dress too. I see lots of flattering things for someone of my shape and size. EG: a v neck, even with the tab is flattering for shorter people who don’t have lots of room between neck/chin and chest. The pleats at the chest should hopefully accommodate the double D girls. And yet it is “dressy” enough for work. The waist at the natural waist emphasizes the narrowest part of this curvy girl’s body.

Me likes it.

I just have to get moving on setting up my sewing room so I can SEW!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

I have a jacket just like that one that I bought in my early 20’s. It doesn’t fit anymore but I refuse to let go of it. As I remember it wasn’t cheap! Maybe now I could make a new one.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I love all of them and the dress is fantastic! I wonder how that will go for nursing? I am suspecting it would be easy to adapt.

They won’t be ready for Easter will they?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m so glad you like them! You’ll have plenty of time to sew for Easter, @justsewit. They are on their way from the printer as I type! We should have time in stock shortly.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh that is good news! I have to get my sewing skates on then and make room for them.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Butterick website has a pattern sale on right now! It seems like you can buy the new Lisette ones. I’m currently wondering if the fancy dress might be the perfect thing for some Marsala colored linen in my stash. I mean, if I have the color of the year, I ought to have a dress out of it!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

OOH that’s perfect. I was thinking a lovely midweight linen myself.

Need to get that sewing room set up so I can sew. I mentioned feeling blah on FB and a friend said, asked if I my sewing room was set up and I realized how much I miss it as I am in a limbo.

That could be the blah!

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

The new Butterick Lisette patterns are featured at Jo-Ann fabrics–shelf top display and on the cover of the Butterick book. Congrats!

Also, Simplicity patterns are 5/$5 at Jo-Ann this long weekend–time to get the Lisette patterns you don’t have.

Attachments:
    LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I’m thinking of trying this http://www.sewlisette.com/patterns/B6183 lisette top in a Ponte de Roma double knit. Question 1: good or bad idea? Do I need a woven? Question 2: If I use knit do I also use knit for the neck facing?

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by mcholley1.
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My answer disappeared!

I think a stable knit would be lovely. I would use the fabric for facings but interface with a soft product like sheerweft.

There is a Lisette forum where you may get more traffic, MC.
    http://www.sewlisette.com/forums/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.