Oliver + S

Lining skirt of view b

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Do you folks think it would be possible to use the ‘treat two pieces of cloth as one’ method with this? I’m wondering about the pleat, especially. The two pieces of cloth I have in mind are a very think piece of wool, and a piece of that Kaffe Fassett shot cotton. Could the lining maybe be made without a pleat?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It may work……

I would gather the front of the lining where the pleat should go, so that there is still fullness.( This is a quick guess, no promises )

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hm, so some options for the skirt would be:

A) Pleat lining with skirt as one

B) Gather extra fullness of lining behind the pleated section

C) Make lining the width of the skirt minus pleat?

Any others? Any pros/cons for these?

LINK
    freyiris @freyiris

Hi Sarvi

I’ve just made view A with a lining using the ‘treat 2 as 1’ method and it worked beautifully. I did however use very light weight fabrics – an Anna Maria Horner voile with a swiss voile front panel lining for modesty.

I think what you’re suggesting would work though you may need a lighter lining fabric (not sure of the Kaffe fabric weight). I’d definitely go with the pleat if you’re doing the 2 as 1 method for easier hemming – without the pleat your lining fabric will be narrower at the hem causing problems (or you could gather as Nicole suggests but it would need to be equal to the fabric in the pleat – does that make sense?). You might even want to try doing a test run of the pleat with uncut kaffe fabric to see how they sit together as the basting stitches come out so easily.

I put a couple of pics on my flickr stream of the construction (still doing all the finishing bits) if they help – http://www.flickr.com/photos/freyiris/?saved=1

Cheers

Sharon

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Very helpful, thank you Sharon! I’m off to take a look at your photos.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.