Oliver + S

Lining – different for sleeves?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    rimoxie @rimoxie

Hi! I was thinking of using a flannel for my lining, since I want just a light weight jacket (for fall, not cold of winter). But I am worried that sleeves will be too “sticky” for little arms to go in and out. Would minky be a better choice? Of, flannel for body and something else (cotton?) for sleeves? Thanks so much!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I like to use a slippery fabric in sleeves if I am worried about it being too grippy. However, I lined the coat I made in a pima cotton and there was no problem getting it on.

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I used quilting cotton, and they are slippery enough. Flannel might be too grippy for a young child, but if the kid is old enough to pinch his or her shift sleeve as the jacket goes on, it should be fine. I lined a denim jacket in flannel once and never had a problem.

These sleeves have ease for going over clothing.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I haven’t lined with flannel but I have used polar fleece for lining the Secret Agent Trench and since this became the child’s favourite jacket I don’t think there was a problem! 🙂

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’d use a proper slippery lining if I was sewing for me but I’ve made a few of these with flannel lining for the kids and it works fine. We always play the “hold your shirt cuff and don’t let go game” when putting a coat on. (they always let go, apparently that’s the game. Hilarious huh)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.