Oliver + S

Lining back yoke of Music Class ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have some lovely swiss batiste that I wish to use to make a blouse .

I think I may need to line the back yoke, do you think that is possible ? Would one do it the same as the Sketchbook shirt back yoke?

Please help Liesl , April ,Lizabeth ?

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Hi there! been out of town, and see that no one has posted yet, sorry for the delay! Honestly, I wouldn’t line the back. I’d have the child wear a slip or chemise. If you need a pattern recommendation, let me know 🙂

The swiss batiste may be a bit filmy for anything other than a special occasion blouse; but it will look exquisite.

If you like the light weight and drape of the batiste, but want a more accessible fabric, may I suggest cotton lawn? there are some beautiful solids and colors at farmhouse fabrics <http://www.farmhousefabrics.com&gt;

And do check out flickr for what marie michelle has done… I think she had an eyelet or a batiste blouse posted.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thankyou Lizabeth , I will be guided by you.

The batiste is to be made into a baby blouse for high summer so it is possibly better left unlined .I will have a look at Marie-Michelle’s photo’s her sewing is to-die-for !

Thankyou for the link and your advice, very much appreciated .

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

Oooh! I think the Swiss batiste unlined with a dainty chemise or camisole underneath sounds lovely. You’ve both inspired me to think about all the blouses in this way.

I’ve been using batiste and lawn for doll clothing for the past 4 years. They both have a marvelous hand for the tinier scale. Now I get to move ‘up’ to baby and children’s clothes. I love old-fashioned blouses and gowns for babies made out of these fabrics.

(BTW, another great resource for lawn + batiste is Adrianne’s Attic <http://www.adriannes.com&gt; )

xoxo, Nancy

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Nancy , I will have a look.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.