Oliver + S

Liesl, any hints?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

We have received a Wedding invitation, and while I have 3 out of 5 covered with O+S, the Twins are a little tricky as they do not quite fit in the size 8 ( or will not for long !)

Is there possibly something in the new patterns that may suit ? I know I am being very cheeky .

The Wedding is late October, so I may not even be able to get them ( patterns ) by then.

Thankyou, Nicole

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Ideas from any one !

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

There is! It’s a 3 scissors pattern, largely because it involves an invisible zipper and is fully lined. It makes up beautifully in silk faille or dupioni, wool suiting, or lots of other mostly-solid fabrics. You’ll probably want to make View B, which doesn’t show on the envelope front but is absolutely adorable. Oh, I can hardly wait to show you!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Goodness , you must be up very late !

Thankyou so much for your response, very ,very excited now. I am sure I can manage a 3 scissor if I take my time, your pattern instructions are by far the best I have used.

I will make all the other outfits first so I can devote my time once they are released.

Thankyou so much !

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

Patience has never been a strength of mine, but now I am absolutely GIDDY with anticipation!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I know Claire, I have already decided to get them all , I must maintain my collection !

( and of course they will be gorgeous!)

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

Me, too! ALL of them.

Nicole, I’m certain you will do a marvelous job with the special dresses for your twins (for all 5). I can hardly wait to see what you create!!!

xoxo,

Nancy

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thankyou Nancy, what a lovely thing to say !

I am posting a photo of Small Ones fabric and pattern tonight, the girls do that in the Ice cream Social and I love looking at their fabric

choices, so I thought I would do the same!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I also can’t wait for the new Fall patterns. I’m finally expecting a girl and can’t wait to sew for her – but I need warm, long sleeved things! Now that I have a good excuse, I’m really stocking up on Oliver + S patterns, even if I won’t use them for some time. So far, I’ve been limited to the sandbox pants and the school days coat, though I did make a popover sundress for the little girl next door. Now, I can do any of the patterns I choose! How exciting.

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

How wonderful, Meleliza! what splendid news. I was blessed with a little boy who is now all grown up. I am hoping one of these days he and his beautiful wife will tell me they are expecting… I’m stocking up on Oliver + S patterns, too, as a (im)patient future grandmomma. I love these patterns and don’t see another one I want to sew for little ones.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Congratulations meleliza! I have been thinking that the Sailboat top, lengthened and sewn in a nice soft knit, would make a cute nightie, Maybe the Bubble dress as well? It already has the elastic at the bottom. You could use snaps instead of buttons?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Congrats meleliza! It is so fun to sew the O+S for little girls! Boys too, as I have done for my nephew. :). Sarvi, the sailboat to nightie sounds brilliant! I can’t believe that one hadn’t come to me yet. I’ve been thinking of long clothes since the mornings are beginning to cool down here. I’m so ready for fall!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.