Oliver + S

length of elastic – lazy days skirt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    knottylady @knottylady

I am a Beginner — with a capital “B.” When it says “trim elastic to desired length,” do I make it exactly the size of my daughter’s (tiny, 15-months-old) waist? Or slightly smaller?

Thank you very much. I am in love with these patterns and determined to make them all (I better — I ordered quite a few of them!)

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I think the rule of thumb is 1 inch less than the baby’s waist measurement (someone will correct me if I’m wrong). Enjoy the patterns; they’re crazy fun and addictive! Welcome to the group. Don’t forget to post pictures in the Flickr pool!

Mel

LINK
    knottylady @knottylady

Thank you very much, Mel! I’ll post some pictures – hopefully by Sunday!

LINK
    knottylady @knottylady

I finished the skirt a while back but I just now had her model it! Thanks for your help! Picture here on my blog: http://knottylady.blogspot.com/

🙂

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Adorable! You should post in the Flickr pool!

LINK
    E1izabeth @E1izabeth

I think it depends on how stiff or stretchy your elastic is but I usually take the waist measurement and subtract 2 inches.

LINK
    knottylady @knottylady

Thank you! After much fussing, I added the photo to Flicker. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.