Oliver + S

Lazy Days Skirt- elastic twisting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Chlobell @Chlobell

I made the lazy days skirt which came out great except that after finishing it the elastic has somehow gotten twisted and I don’t know why or how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Unless you can fiddle around the outside to get the elastic to lie flat, probably opening the seam and re-threading it is the best way. Did you use no-roll elastic? It really does make a difference. My local sewing shop sells it (as well as Hobby Lobby), but there are online retailers as well, such as Fabric.com: http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=c6763202-5c3c-462d-94e8-03d8f60ed273

LINK
    Chlobell @Chlobell

Thanks! I don’t think mine was no-roll. I will get some and try again.

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17
    LINK
    LucyM @LucyM

If you just want to use the elastic you already have, after inserting the elastic, run a stitch through the center of the elastic all around the waistband. This will prevent the elastic from rolling.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

When I use elastic that I know will roll I always stitch-in-the-ditch on the side seams to secure the elastic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.