Oliver + S

Knits for after-school top?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    heck @heck

Just wondering if anyone has tried using knits for the after-school top? I’m working on one now, with a woven, but I wondered if a fairly stable knit might work, too?

Thanks,

Jamie

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I haven’t tried this pattern in a knit but I made the Nature Walk top up in City Weekend interlock and it is fab! I interfaced and handled it like a woven except for the sleeves which I stretch to fit instead of easing.

LINK
    heck @heck

Thank you for your quick response! I’m thrilled to hear you’ve had success with a similar pattern, I can hardly wait to finish the current top so I can begin the next! :o)

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I haven’t made this one up in a knit-yet- but if I did I, probably try rotating the grain of the yoke pieces so they won’t stretch width-wise. I rotated it for the class picnic yoke in knit, and it worked great. I just did another one of those in a knit, without the rotation and I interfaced the entire lining piece of the front and back yokes, but I wouldn’t want to do this in bigger sizes as I hoard my interfacing! (I made the last one in a 6-12 month size.)

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

So I thought of another way to do it last night while I was sleeping- cut a 1.5 inch wide strip of fabric by 3″ length and interface that portion. Do this four times, and then baste them to the edges where the buttons will go. Add ribknit binding to the neck edge and the edge of the button opening, and then baste the yoke pieces closed. Add some tricot interfacing or clear elastic tape to the seam where the yoke meets the blouse so it won’t stretch out. My daughter really liked one of the tops that just came out in Ottobre, and it is constructed in much then same way, but she’s still too tiny for the pattern. I’ll give this method a try today or tomorrow and see how it turns out. My daughter is a knit clothing addict, so I’m always looking for ways to accommodate her, as it means those things will be worn without argument.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.