Oliver + S

Knit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I just made this in a linen/rayon and love it. I’m looking for more fabric in my stash to make more, more, more!

Has anyone made it in a knit? I have some interlock that would be really cute.

Does anyone know what would happen if I fused a lightweight woven interfacing to the interlock for the waistband? I want to keep it stable.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I think you could fuse lightweight woven for the front waist band.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Jenny is absolutely right.

McCall make a lovely soft interfacing which works very well on knits.

You could use one layer (on half the waistband ) for the back gathered bit and a double layer or interface the whole front piece to give a nice flat front.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I really like to use a woven fusible interfacing on waistbands where I don’t want it to stretch at all. On this pattern it wouldn’t really be a problem to have a little stretch, but it might be something to keep in mind when you’re sewing other things for yourself.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Thank you, all! I will give it a try and post a picture when I finish!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Success!

I cut the waistband on the crossgrain and used lightweight interfacing. It turned out great! I need to fix the hem, though. I need it a little longer in back, but it looks like I may have overdone it. I need a fitting partner!

https://plus.google.com/photos/103100372457434818656/albums/6047056464736874273?authkey=CLvp0NztiMqm3QE

(tried to post the picture directly, but it didn’t work. Sorry!)

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Oh I love that Charlie Harper knit! It will be so perfect for fall 🙂 And now I want to try making the Everyday Skirt in a knit too, I’ve made two out of chambray and love the pattern.

LINK
    Anonymous @

The Birch interlock is really lovely to work with and so cozy!

I love the pattern, too! I think next time I make it, I’ll cut the back panel a size smaller. My rear view doesn’t need the extra gathering.

I have a border print fabric coming in the mail for my next one–it has children chasing lightening bugs. This fabric, but in blue (sold out, sadly):

https://www.fabric.com/buy/0329669/michael-miller-wee-wander-summer-night-lights-double-border-magenta

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Oh that will be lovely!

And I just ordered some of that cardinal knit, I hope you don’t mind a shameful ripoff of your idea ;-). I think it will look so great paired with tall brown boots, my nutmeg colored corduroy jacket, and an infinity scarf 😀

LINK
    Sherry @mim22

Superm, Hawthorne threads have both colours in the border print in case you need both. They also have the matching prints if that is any help. Happy sewing Mim

LINK
    Anonymous @

Thanks, Mim! I got 3 yards from fabric.com before they sold out, thankfully. I love Hawthorne Threads, though!

Vothgirl–excellent! As long as you don’t live on my block, we can be twinsies. :^) You’re going to love it. Soo comfy.

LINK
    Anonymous @

The blue Michael Miller isn’t quite sold out on fabric.com; it’s back, and it’s on sale! They have 1600 yards left. When I bought it, they had more than 20,000 yards!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.