Oliver + S

Just finised my first Oliver + S pattern!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    mellyflori @mellyflori

I’ve got a few patterns on their way to me but UPS is just too slow for my short attention span! So I downloaded and printed the Popover pattern and whipped one up in about 40 minutes. I learned a couple of things:

1) My skinny little girl is a size 4 in length but size 3 around. Good to know for the next one (and there will be MANY next ones)

2) It is amazing how easy it is to make this pattern look really “finished.” I frenched the side seams because.. well, I’ll be honest, it’s because my mother-in-law is coming tomorrow and she’ll see this dress and I want her to approve. Shallow, I know. I also took the same ribbon I used for the straps and slipped it under the yoke as a trim and it looks amazing!

I’ve got four other dress patterns incoming and I think I’ll pick up the Sandbox pants as well. Of course after looking through the Flickr group what I *really* want is the Puppet Show shorts but it’s looking like I might win the lottery before that happens. šŸ™‚

Anyway, good experience, can’t wait to make more!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Congrats! Thats fabulous!

Make sure you post in flickr!

LINK
    homefire @homefire

The popover dress was my first o + s pattern too! I don’t know how much sewing you’ve done before but these patterns tend to spoil you for other brands. I have a tote FULL of patterns that I just don’t use anymore since I started using these.

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

I LOVE posts like this!! I’m so happy to hear that everything went well and you are a true convert now! šŸ™‚ Ditto to what Nicole said – make sure you post in the Flickr group – http://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands/ .

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Congratulations! You’re hooked now!:)

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ah, I remember the feeling of my first O+S, also a Popover! Congrats, looking forward to seeing your creations. Be aware that the flickr group is an addiction all its own.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh here’s to sewing more O + S patterns. You will love the ones on their way and the Sandbox pattern will be sure to become a favourite (just made a pair of PJ pants using this pattern.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.