Oliver + S

Jump rope dress sleeve options

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Hi,

I just made the jump rope dress (view A) with the short sleeves, and I was wondering if anyone has tried pattern A with long sleeves (but not ones which come with view B). In other words, I am looking for a more structured look that goes with the over all dress. So here were my two options and I am wondering if people have tried these or other options:

1. jump rope dress in view A with music class blouse long sleeves OR

2. jump rope dress view A with sleeves from view B, but make something in a way that I can button up the sleeves. Has any one tried this????

Any ideas, suggestions? Would love to hear from all you out there.

Thanks,

Asmita

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

I have made View A with View B’s long sleeves. 🙂 I added the tabs from View A on the inside of the long sleeves, same placement as with A, so the sleeves can be rolled up and fastened. I used a thin fabric, and it works nicely. Here it is with the sleeves down: http://www.flickr.com/photos/_sarah_b_/5233755386/in/set-72157626498836869 And here it is with the sleeves rolled up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/_sarah_b_/5006627421/in/set-72157626498836869

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Perfect, since I plan to make this in a thinn-ish fabric as well. So one question still which might seem silly–the tabs have button holes, and the buttons will be way up on the arms of the sleeves right. Sorry–silly question I know but thought I’d better check.

Both photos are lovely–that’s a really beautiful child in a beautiful dress.

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

Thank you! 🙂 I put the tab inside the sleeve and a button on the outside. The button just blended right into the plaid of the dress I made, so you can’t even see it. You’d place the button about 1″ or 1″ above where you want the rolled up sleeves to fall on the arm and place the tab accordingly. Now that I’m thinking about it I may have made the tab a bit longer than the pattern piece so that it would reach around the rolled sleeve.

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

yeah making the tab slightly longer makes sense. Thank you sarahb!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I made the Jump rope dress view A with view B sleeves last year for winter. I used a heavy linen blend fabric. My daughter enjoyed wearing it on cold winter days with leggings and boots. Sometimes she wore it layered with a t shirt underneath. Here is a picture. http://www.flickr.com/photos/66494254@N06/6312128912/in/photostream

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love the Jumprope and I have made both options with both sleeve variations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/sets/72157625264790776/

I love the idea of a roll up sleeve Sarah and I adore those dresses.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I too have made both views of the Jumprope dress but only with the long sleeves (the short sleeved ones are yet to come). I should think though that if other components of Oliver + S patterns are interchangeable then I would assume that the sleeves of the other patterns would be able to correspond well with this one also. You could try the Sketchbook sleeve with it to see how this would go – I’m sure it would suit it and give it a different look all together. I have always thought you could make it really girly with a little puffed sleeve or using the sleeve from the Family Reunion pattern. There are lots of options to make the same dress slightly different each time.

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Thank you for these great inspirational photos! And all the options of adding a little bit of different colour. I thought about the sketchbook sleeve too. So let’s see now what comes up.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

Nicole,

Your Jump Rope dresses are wonderful. I especially like the green ones that are fancy cut. I didn’t fully appreciate them last year when you published those photos.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Jennifer,that is a seriously kind thing to say!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.