Oliver + S

Joining the binding/piping for tea party dress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Amanda @APlouzek

Can anyone help with pictures of colored fabric for steps 6 and 7? I can not understand black and white drawings and this step always stumps me. I can’t seem to find a tutorial anywhere online that isn’t quilt binding in a corner or whatnot.

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by Amanda.
    • This topic was modified 9 years ago by Amanda.
    LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

@motherof5 do you have a tutorial for this one? I am on my mobile now and will check later if Nicole doesn’t check in before that. Also you could check her blog if you have the time, I know she has made this one many times and there may be an answer in one of the posts. http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com

LINK
    lakepa @lakepa

I don’t use the method shown in the pattern, Amanda. Start and stop basting the piping or flat piping about two inches from the place where you want to join the ends. Take the left part of the unbasted piping and lay it down along the bodice seam to the join (underarm seam in this case). With a fabric marking pen make a vertical mark on the piping at the join. Do the same with the free piping on the right. If you have piping, trim the cording at the join on each side. Cut each piece of piping about a half inch after the vertical mark. Open each piece and align the right sides together and sew a half-inch seam. Trim the seam to a quarter inch, and finger press the seam open. If you have cording, replace it so the two pieces butt together at the join. Refold the piping over the cording, lay it down on the bodice seam, and finish basting the final four inches. I’m sure the way shown in the pattern is correct, but this works for me. I’m sorry I don’t have any pictures.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I wonder if this may help, it is not the Tea Party but it shows you how to join flat piping.
    http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/play-date-part-2.html
    Please disregard if it is not helpful.

Thank you @georgeandizzy.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Nicole.
    LINK
    Amanda @APlouzek

Thanks everyone!! I’ll check that all out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.