Oliver + S

I've learned so much from the Field Trip Cargos!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I just took apart a worn-out favorite pair of jeans, copied them, and sewed up a new pair. I knew what to do because I’ve made the Field Trip pants 4 times now, so the construction is familiar. I used Grainline Studio’s zip-fly tutorial. I can’t tell you how happy I am to have my favorite jeans back! I’m very tall and quite curvy, and nicely fitting pants are rarer than unicorns. Thanks for the lessons, Liesl! I feel like a million bucks.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Wow, awesome! Is there a photo somewhere you can link us to? I’d love to see!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Very exciting to be able to use what you have learnt to make something that fits for yourself! 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Me too, I want to see!

LINK
    Ock Du Spock @Ock Du Spock

Oh yes please!

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

That it just great! I just made my first pair of art museum trousers with a zip fly and those awesome welt pockets, and I’m ready to tackle a proper pair of jeans too.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I’ll try to get a pic at some point– solo parenting at the moment!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Love it! Wish I could do the same, but I’d have to find the well-fitting jeans first. Please do post pics when you get a chance.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Good for you! Kenneth King has a Craftsy course on how to do this without taking them apart. I bought it and have yet to actually watch it. I figured it would be faster to make pants this way than to wade through dozens of patterns to find one that works. Post a picture!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.