Oliver + S

Interfacing Sleep Over Pyjama Top

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am making these cuties and was wondering……. why do I not interface the complete neck facing? I understand that one is interfacing the section where the button hole goes,but why not all the facing?

Is it because they are pyjamas and there are concerns it will be too stiff?

Thanks in anticipation.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

If you’re using a really, really lightweight interfacing you absolutely could interface the whole thing. I would be concerned about making it too stiff otherwise. And that basting stitch acts as a folding guide, so you don’t technically need it.

I’m of the school that avoids interfacing where it’s not absolutely necessary, especially since I often see students use interfacing that’s too heavy for the fabric they’ve chosen. A lot of fabric stores don’t carry the really lightweight qualities, so when that’s the case I would rather avoid it than use something too heavy.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you!

That makes sense. I did try interfacing it as Matilda often spends the day in her pj’s(don’t judge me)and I wanted a ‘outfit’ looking set. I do use a very soft interfacing,Sheerweft,which drapes beautifully but still gives body.

I may have to clip to the basting on the curves yet. I shall have to see….

Thanks again Liesl.

~Nicole~(lurve those wiggles,thanks Jessica)!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

LOL No judgment here. We have pajama days here quite often…especially if we have nowhere to be. And glad you like the squigglies!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, I think you two have started something! What other things can we do in addition to wiggles? Brackets, perhaps?

}{ Liesl }{

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Awwe, Liesl, it makes your name look like candy!!

I usually sign my name like this:

~*Jessica*~

There is also the delightfully cheesy heart: ( copied and pasted from somewhere….I’ve never been able to remember all that lol)

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯•.¸.~Jessica~

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Liesl looks like a christmas cracker!

Jessica,that is just showing off! (he he)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.