Oliver + S

Interfaced entire facings, made pockets bigger

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

This is my first time posting here. I love the Seashore Sundress! This is my second one. I was inspired to use denim chambray by a lovely example by another sewer here. I like how the plain fabric shows off the princess lines and stylish design of this dress. I also like how nicely the chambray presses.

This is a size 7. I wanted larger pockets (for shell collecting), so I drafted some. I also wanted a crisper look to the top, so I fused lightweight interfacing to the entire front and back facing. (I still reinforced the button and buttonhole areas with additional bits.) I also decided to top-stitch the princess lines and upper edge.

This pattern went together so well it was a joy to sew. I look forward to making more of these!

Seashore Sundress front closeup

Becky

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

That’s really nice, Becky! Very clean and crisp looking. Sounds like you enjoyed making it.

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

Thank you, Linda!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Great job Becky, did you pop it in the O+S flickr group? https://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands/

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

Yep! 😉

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.