Oliver + S

In a clutch… interfacing recommendations

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

The interfacing I normally use is a roll of Sulky fusible interfacing. It is rather silky and provides almost no body. Just stablization for the buttonholes and collars but not much structure. In a Clutch calls for a lightweight fusible.

Is this too lightweight? Do I want something with more body? This Sulky will provide little or no body in my opinion.

Can anyone give a recommendation?

Thanks

Jenny

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I am not familiar with the Sulky so I can’t compare, but I believe this is the one I use for collars and cuffs — would that be about the weight you want?

http://www.joann.com/pellon-sof-shape-fusible-interfacing-20inw-x-25yds/1103845.html

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

When I venture in the scary world (for me) of bag making, I use the cheap stiff iron on interfacing.
    Shiny on one side, a bit furry on the other.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I’ve been branching out into the bag-making world; I’ve been using a lot of this: http://www.pellonprojects.com/products/sf101-shape-flex/ – it’s lightweight, fusible and woven and definitely gives more structure. I like it quite a bit.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Ladies, thanks for the suggestions. I am going to JoAnn’s tomorrow to feel them. I made a bag once and it was stiff. That’s not what I want, but I do want some body!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

SF101 is the bomb. Jenny, I buy it by the bolt when there is a coupon or a sale.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I went and specked out your recommendations. The SF101 is great. I ordered a bolt since I can use it both for projects and for collars etc.

I happily ordered online with a 60% coupon from JoAnn’s, so I got a good deal and it will last a long long time… fingers crossed.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Might be too stiff for collars… What do others think?

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

hmm, I will check that out. I still do have my 2 rolls of sulky.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.