Oliver + S

How to stitch seams in sequined or beaded fabric?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Or both, in this case? By special request from the boss. It doesn’t have to be sturdy, I don’t expect it to survive long.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Generally I think you need to remove the sequins/beads from the seam allowances and secure the threads so the rest of the sequins or beads don’t fall off. Then you can sew the seams, and you may need to add a few of the beads or sequins along the seam lines to fill in any gaps, so you’ll probably end up doing a little hand sewing. I hope that helps! (And I hope it makes your boss happy.)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is exactly how I did Zara’s dress with the voile self flowers.

It worked really well.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Thank you, ladies! I think the current thing my boss really needs to be happy is a bottle of milk and a nap! The fabric I picked is definitely all wrong for my intended purpose — it’s very heavy and hangs in a certain way that is really at odds with what I’d intended. Ah well, I’ll use it for something, I’m sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.