Oliver + S

How to lengthen?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    cclements33 @cclements33

For the apple picking dress…I’m wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what adjustments I need to make if I want to make a size 2t dress in 3t or 4t length. I’m a little nervous about this dress being short on my somewhat tall 2 year old. I thought it would be as easy as just making the bodice and skirt 3t length, but then I realized that the plackets might need to be adjusted too along with the notches. Maybe I should only lengthen the skirt part?? Does anyone have any suggestions or how have you done it yourself? I would really appreciate it! I haven’t cut any fabric yet, just studying the pattern until I figure it out. Thanks!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you are happy with the bodice length I would add to the skirt pieces only. It would be a quick way to get the length and most people seem pleased with the bodice length its just the skirt they find a wee bit short.

LINK
    cclements33 @cclements33

Okay. thanks! To make the skirt longer, do I need to cut out the longer 3t length with the notches or just the length and keep the 2t notches? I’m a newbie, so it might be a silly question, but I hope you understand at least!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Not a silly question at all!

I would use the 2t piece and add a few inches to the hem (you can always shorten it later)

LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

Good question. My daughters are both short and I thought the length as is is a tad short. I made this for stalker girl and lengthened the bodice and used the placket for the next size up in addition to lengthening the skirt.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I recently made a 2T with 4T length. I just traced down to the 4T size for the skirt and left the bodice as is, it worked great.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I always add 2″ to my daughter’s Apple Picking dresses as well. I just add the length to the skirts, it works great for us.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.