Oliver + S

Hosting Flat S?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Here’s my pitch for Los Angeles!

Come to LA and we’ll show you not just the glam of Old Hollywood with photo ops with the Chinese theater, Hollywood sign, and stars on the walk of fame, but also LA’s funkier side — the sweet Venice canals, surfers in Malibu, glittering Thai markets, the oldest adobe in Downtown, the upstart mini Arts Districts in many hidden pockets. LA isn’t a single, cohesive city the way New York is, but in the seams between the many neighborhoods that make up its sprawl, there’s so much to see, do, and eat!

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Hey S, Atlanta, GA, USA is where it’s at! We can go to a Braves game, see the apartment where Margaret Mitchell wrote Gone with the Wind, get a Krispy Kreme doughnut, eat some great BBQ and visit the MLK Jr. National Memorial. We could also visit Oakland Cemetery, where there are some wicked cool grave sites, and of course we’d HAVE to get a chili dog and frosted orange at The Varsity.

We’d be just tickled to have y’all here!

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Flat S, you know you want to visit Maryland! We are in the heart of it all. You can eat Chesapeake Bay crabs and hunt for millions year old sharks teeth on the beaches. You can visit battle sites from the War of 1812 or the Civil War. With a short drive you can visit Washington D.C. and see where the president lives or check out any of the many Smithsonian museums. Parks, playgrounds, sights to see, we’ve got it all! And, in your downtime, you can snuggle with my sweet, retired racing greyhound (because, trust me you haven’t snuggled until you’ve snuggled a greyhound). 🙂

Jane

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Wow, I’m really wishing I was Flat S right now! How will Karen choose where to send her?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What fun to read all the pitches 🙂 I hope some of our folks with farms write in, too. I would love to see all the plants and critters on a real working farm!

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I second Sarvi’s Los Angeles vote – except to add… Disneyland!! Hello, see Mickey Mouse and where Walt Disney really started the Magic Kingdom, to be capped off to a visit to the house where Ferris Bueller was filmed in my city! Who can top that?

LINK
    mle bb @mle bb

Come to Chicago Flat S! We have great hotdogs, fun museums, the Buckingham Fountain, Millenium Park(Check out your reflection in Cloudgate) and I promise to hold onto you in the WIND! 🙂

LINK
    Deb @Mynorth

Flat S get your passport and come to Canada and visit Muskoka. Feed the deer, go on a wolf howl in Algonquin Park, a boat ride on the oldest operating steamship in North America and sail past cottages of movie stars, climb a forest ranger tower, go water skiing (you’ll need a zip-lock bag for that), go camping in the woods and stay up late to count shooting stars and maybe see the northern lights, follow loons in a canoe, eat butter tarts and visit Santa’s summer home. Oh, and learn to say “eh”!

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

Goodness gracious! S is quite the “it” girl! She has an itinerary for a few visits but when she completes the last stop on it I will ask the host to come here for the next host’s contact info to send her.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

We’re so happy to see how many people want to have Flat S visit them!

I’ve created a new forum here for the Flat S Tour.

If you want Flat S to visit you, or if Flat S does visit you and you need to find a place to send her next, you can check in here to connect with someone to pass the torch.

LINK
    icicle @icicle

Chiming in for the small but mighty New England state of Vermont! Sarvi, we have lots of farms (cow, goat, sheep and sunflowers to name a few), iconic red barns and covered bridges, mountain views and river valleys, loads of colonial history and even our own sea-monster, Champ. I can’t guarantee we’ll see him but Lake Champlain is gorgeous all by itself.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Um, the Liberty Bell, Independance Hall. Nuff said. Every child needs to visit Philadelphia to learn about our nations history. But theres more too: the Betsy Ross House, cheesesteaks, Boathouse Row, Fairmount Park (the largest urban park system in the entire country) the National Constitution Centerr, the new Jewish Museum, the amazing new Barnes Meuseum downtown, bus rides, carriage rides, the Franklin Institue, the award winning Please Touch Museum. It’s a pretty good list of great stuff to do here too even though it’s a short trip. There’s a huge new children’s zoo opening in April and theres a 100 year old giant wooden slide at Smith Playhouse. We could show flat S a large time here, Philly style. And don’t you know it’s always sunny? 😉

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Flat S can come here and go to Niagara Falls, the philharmonic (on stage), the Anchor Bar (restaurant and home of the “Buffalo” wing- we just call them wings), The Inauguration site of Teddy Roosevelt, the manuscript museum, the Burchfield -Penney art museum, the National Museum of play, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Darwin Martin House, or his Greycliff summer estate, and some other places. If you want Flat S can go either Canadian or American side of the Falls, but send her passport or birth certificate for Canada. 😉

LINK
    LisaMM @LisaMM

How about Melbourne – coffee and food capital of Australia. We’re having an extra long Summer, hottest on record, a lovely time to visit the colourful bathing boxes on Brighton beach or the quaint city alleyways and arcades for amazing coffee. There is also some of the most amazing architecture, world heritage buildings and some great shopping to top it off! I have an eager 4 year old ready to play host. Hope to see you soon!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

We’d join you and Flat S for a coffee in the city LisaMM. We could take her on a tour of Melbourne on a blue bike!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.