Oliver + S

Hosting Flat S?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • LINK
    LisaMM @LisaMM

Sounds like a great plan lightning mcstitch!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

How about a visit to Sweden AND Denmark all at once? Malmö is on the Öresund straight and boasts the highest building in the Nordic countries. It is also host to the ESC 2013 (Eurovision Song Contest) which takes place in May.

We are also just a 20 minute train ride away from Copenhagen, capitol of Denmark and home to Tivoli and The Little Mermaid.

If we take the car east we have all of the Scanian plain to explore. The landscape is lettered with burrows and stone rings. Most famous of which are Ale’s Stones and the King’s Grave.

Welcome Flat S!

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

We would love to host Flat S here is Minnesota, USA (land of 10,000 lakes).

Bon voyage!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I think if Flat S is coming from New York then she should visit ‘old’ York to see what life’s like in the original York! Somewhat slower paced I imagine… instead of the Brooklyn Bridge Flat S could go to the park and feed the ducks then head over the Millennium Bridge. She could visit the National Railway Museum and walk around the medieval city walls before heading to York Minster, one of the most beautiful cathedrals in England.

I suppose Flat S might get a bit of jet lag from all this globe hopping but I’m sure she’s up to it!

LINK
    lucegirlsart @lucegirlsart

I’m sure she would love to visit Seattle! She would certainly like to see the Space Needle, the mountains, ride a ferry in Puget Sound, and check out the first Starbucks!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I’m pretty sure I’m the only potential host in Georgia (the country, not the state!). We could tour thousand-year-old churches and take a dip in the Black Sea.

LINK
    hokiekate @hokiekate

If Flat S could make it here to Washington D.C. by the end of March (which I know she most probably can not) she could be here for the cherry blossoms! She would fit in with all of the other tourists!

Of course, there is plenty to do in D.C. at any time of year ;).

LINK
    Emily @Emily

We’d love to host Flat S in Seattle! Eleanor and I would take her to visit a troll under a bridge (he’s so big he has a real VW Bug in his hand!), through Pike Place Market to see the flying fish, to the gum wall, and definitely to the SAM to see the Hammering Man. Of course, a visit to Seattle isn’t complete without a visit to the Space Needle, but we’d also take a ferry over to Bainbridge for the afternoon. For the best view of Mt Rainier anywhere in Seattle, we would take a trip to the UW campus on a sunny day when Drumheller Fountain is on – there’s nothing like the fountain, with the mountain behind in all its glory! Other stops on our itinerary include the Lenin statue, Frank Gehry-designed EMP (said to be designed to resemble a smashed guitar!), and Gasworks park. Finally, we’d take a trip to the Ballard Locks to watch the boats, and stop at Archie McPhee on the way home for a souvenir. Come take a spin in the Emerald City!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

These pitches are all so much fun to read! Too bad Flat S isn’t twins 🙂

LINK
    sidewalkgoddess @sidewalkgoddess

Oh, how about Austin, Texas? Lots of art and music… And food… And parks! Oh, I bet “S” would love it here!

LINK
    wenznz @wenznz

I’m throwing Wellington, New Zealand into the mix.

We could visit the Beehive (NZ parliament building), a wind farm, a local marae, find a hobbit to hang out with, a bush walk, fish and chips on the beach….

Flat S would need to bring her coat though, because we are renowned for our wind!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

……Sydney Harbour Bridge as viewed from the Opera House – need I say more?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Wow,if Flat S can’t make it,may I?

Enough said.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Justine, could you also say … the Opera House as viewed from the bridge?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I could indeed! A bridge climb is not for me (http://m.bridgeclimb.com/), but you can walk across the bridge 🙂

And while I’m at it, S on a Manly ferry, S at Taronga Zoo, S at Bondi Beach, S at The Rocks……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.