Oliver + S

Hi! Silly Question…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Sparrow @Sparrow

This is probably a really silly question, but I’m starting the free Sunny Day Shorts pattern, and I’m a little confused. When matching up the printed pages the instructions say to trim anything outside the grid. So when they are taped together, should there be an overlap in the paper? Or do they match edge to edge?

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Not silly! The first O+S digital pattern I printed off, I wondered the same thing and made sure I knew what I was doing before I taped anything :P. But to answer your question, the edges of the grid will match edge to edge – there is no overlap of the grid. I tend to leave a small (~1/4″) amount of paper beyond the edge of the grid on one side of each piece so the pieces of paper overlap – makes for a slightly bulky but (to me) more stable join/”seam” than trimming all pieces to the grid edge and having only tape connecting them. Hope that helps!

LINK
    Sparrow @Sparrow

Thanks so much, that helps a bunch! That’s how I’ve done all the other pdf patterns I’ve ever printed, but I wasn’t sure as this is my first O+S pattern. 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Never ever think a a question is silly Sparrow.

A very big welcome to you.

LINK
    Sparrow @Sparrow

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.